Monday, October 3, 2011

A Penny for your Thoughts

 "Find a penny, pick it up. All day long, you'll have good luck." 

This morning I found a penny (heads-up 7up... even luckier!) and put it in my shoe.  This is a bit superstitious of me; Stevie Wonder would be disappointed.  Although, can you be superstitious if you aren't even sure where the superstition originated without googling it?

(According to my search: Back in the day, metal was seen as a gift from the gods and a protection against evil.  That myth has been adapted and now refers to pennies... which really don't serve any other purpose anyway.  Also, the official Lucky Penny Day is May 23rd).

Anyway, whether I am superstitious or not, I think what matters is this:  when I have the lucky penny in my shoe, everything that goes RIGHT with my day is that much more obvious to me because it is validation that the lucky penny is working.  Finding a lucky penny causes me to appreciate life and look at situations in a positive light.  And it makes me appreciate how my shoes feel when there is not a circular piece of metal rolling around inside them.

BUT WAIT!  There is a part two to the Lucky Penny myth: If you give the penny to a friend, they will also have good luck.  So I have payed the penny forward next to a pumpkin on a friend's porch =0)  Let's just forget that it was in my sho-ewwww.  hehe  Psh, that's prolly nuthin' compared to where that thing has been.  I shower... ;) 

Thanks for reading!  Hope you find a penny soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment